julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Thing with the Hole

The Thing With a Hole on a Stick, courtesy of Engrish.com

***

I don't know how it is with you today, but I'm having one of those days where I'm drawing a blank at every other word. You know, that thing.

I can't even pretend to write anything interesting, nor do I have any photos to share with you, so I'm going to list some past favorite posts here, for laughs or until my cerebral cortex kicks in again. Yes, I'm stalling. But I don't want to leave a big hole in my blog. Even if the hole is covered in chocolate.

***

I'm so dingbatty right now that these posts aren't even in any order, but I like them all scattered about. So maybe you will too. Don't worry, this isn't homework. It's just something to do until I recover.

xoxo

Take a Walk in My Backyard

My Dad Is SO Not Joe the Plumber


Things I Would Tell My Grandmother

You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone

Little Curly Shutterbug

My Forty Daughters

Growing Up in Little Oblivion

The Parabola of a Writer or, Coming to This All Backwards


The Beauty of Impermanance

Hope for the Future

16 comments:

Nancy Ewart February 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Everybody has an off day once in a while. But even your "off-days" are better than most people's "top of the form" days!!!!!! So, fret not, ma cherie, We're here for the long run and love you all the time, rain or shine.

Tess Kincaid February 24, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Hey, I like your flickr slideshow!

d smith kaich jones February 24, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Something in the air today. I even posted something, then removed it an hour later. I'm blaming it on the new moon. I just got nothin'.

:) Debi

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

I often have those 'I can't think of anything to say days, they're usually the days that I post links' LOL

Char February 24, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

sorry you're outta sorts sweetie - we have all had those days indeed. feel better.

Silliyak February 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

Breathe

Gabby February 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Only my runaway ego would suggest you caught it from me. Lotsa low-grade blues streaming thru the ether this week. Wonder if it's some dis-harmonic convergence. Take heart, please, in knowing how much you have meant to so many and that there are no performance demands save for those we imagine and inflict on ourselves...as you would point out so obviously to me. xoxox.

julochka February 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

hope you got some sleep and feel better! i did!! :-) now i'll go read a couple of these that i don't think i read before. :-)

Mary Ellen February 25, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

I'm sorry you're having a tough day, but I enjoyed reading through some older posts. Your archive is pretty impressive, so don't sweat the occasional wordless day!

rochambeau February 25, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Dearest Tangobaby,
You can even make a wonderful post when you think you have nothing to say!!

How many people have "holethingies" up their sleeve for a moment like this?

What about our Pres. last night???
xox
Constance

christina February 25, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Dang those look good! : )

Cynthia Pittmann February 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Hi tangobaby, I just came back from "My Dad is not so Joe the Plummer". I'm afraid I can't stop laughing...I have to hold back because I'm in the library...'doing research'. Your fix-it pa story is quirky and cute. And it was a relief to know that the pipe (post) did not have a hole in it afterall. <3

Kath February 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Ah the thing. I just read "The Parabola of a Writer ..." which I had not read before. Interesting that 2 days after you wrote that post, margie and I started our blog and 2 days after that, I wrote about how much I love vintage typewriters and all things typewriter. I'm probably reading too much into it, right?
Feel better baby.

Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

I feel like that a lot! :)

Mari February 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Rest well, tangobaby : )

Tiny T February 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

I always have days where i can't seem to form the words. hence the reason i post once a week-at the most. greatness needs rest too ;)