julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, February 27, 2009

Hope your day is full of style

I just love being my own one stop shop for images to post. I took this photo yesterday while on that photowalk at lunch with a new flickr friend.

I have a thing about barber shops. And I find the coat and smock on these two gents (see, julochka, the twins' thing just gets deeper and more profound) to be très chic.

Today I have two photo shoots, one for pay (!) and one for the i live here: SF site, and then a meeting about another future photo shoot.

And tomorrow I do have an appointment that deals with hair as well (my hair, as I'm feeling desperate), and if the 'do goes horribly, horribly wrong then I'll need to put together a wardrobe of stirrup leggings and bright jackets with big shoulder pads in them.

Or, if the hair thing turns out super cute, then little ringlets and curls will be a factor. Enjoy your day! I'll miss you.

12 comments:

will February 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Hey Dude in the chair! Tell him to buzz it OFF!

Those are some really hilarious smocks. If both had been looking at you I'd say you're channeling D. Arbus.

Enjoyable photo.

Dutchbaby February 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Good luck on your new do and say "hello" to the sisters for me :)

Mari February 27, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Can't wait to see the new hair! I am currently living in my own self-induced hairtastrophe.

julochka February 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

i still say don't go there on the perm. perms are like so 1987. you cannot go back to a decade you lived through and find the fashion to be good. it's not humanly possible.

run like the wind...

to the 20s or the 40s, they used a really hot poker to get their curls, didn't they? there could be merit in that.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats February 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

I had to check again to see if you had said "I took this photo yesterday" because...only in SF would one see a balding longhair, neat and clean, getting those split ends trimmed...made me smile!

Funny, the shop could have come out of the 60's, as barber shops, not salons, are timeless.

Kennethwongsf February 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

These two figures look like they belong in another place, another time--very otherworldly.

christina February 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

Wow! This pic is pretty dang interesting! Again, wow! I know the new hair will be great. If not, I know a closet that has a pair of shoulder pads, you can borrow. ; )

rochambeau February 27, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Good luck with the "do" toomorrow. Why don't you borrow one of those gent's jacket's for good luck?? ;-)
(fav foto ~ yes indeed)

Just know you will be beautiful TB
Worry not!!
xox
Constance

paris parfait February 27, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

That is a very freaky photo - talk about walking by at the perfect moment!

Char February 27, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

hope your shoots went well. there was no chance of outside shots today as the weather demons decided to stand on the roof and pour buckets of water over the entire landscape. love these shots.

rosedale's 4head February 28, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

congrats on the shoots! your work is always, to me, profound and original. as for the hair thing, i'm there with you, i finally mastered what i call "the Paltrow"--but it took some work, some wrestling, praying and a whole bunch of pampering...good luck and hope we get to see pics of new 'do.

Bee February 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Do you think that the man in the chair was saying, "Just a trim" or maybe "Short back and sides?"

That photo is pleasingly weird on so many levels.