julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wish You Were Here

I find myself taking photos often, not so much for myself, but for other people. Sometimes I forget to share them (and if you saw what my Lightroom2 library looked like, you'd understand why--it's a total jungle in there) and in this case, I think rediscovering these photos while I was still trying to wake up this morning ended up being perfect timing... a few months late.

These are for Tara. I wish you were here. xoxo

***

Tara, note any particular building in the reflection? ;-)

These photos were taken the day I first saw the beautiful wild parrots on Telegraph Hill. I just forgot to share them.


I could have taken a hundred photos of this old wet fence. I love how the rain soaked wood changed the colors and made it so interesting.

And how this rain-speckled ivy looks like a perfect real Valentine heart.

Just some quiet and color and soft San Francisco rain sent to Paris with hugs.

***

ps.: thanks, Brittney, for mentioning this post today. I still don't know how to do that linky thing. *sigh*

13 comments:

Mari February 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

That was an awfully short break... thanks for the pretty pics!

paris parfait February 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Beautiful, all - and yes, I recognise that building! Thank you, dearest TB! You've made me smile and as you know, I needed to smile. xoxox

Laura Doyle February 26, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

This morning I finally watched that documentary...The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Before discovering your blog, I knew nothing about San Francisco whatsoever, but all the adventures you've shared and your infectious love of your city rubbed off on me I think. All throughout the film I kept spotting buildings and other landmarks from your photos and though I've never been there, it was kind of a nostalgic experience. Like watching a film made in a place you're very fond of that you'd like to return to some day. : ) Only I haven't been yet.

I would LOVE to see those parrots. After seeing the film (which made me sob like a baby by the way...you know, the Conner part), your encounter seems all the more magical to me.

ps - That tea is soooo yummy. I'm enjoying some right this second.

Cynthia Pittmann February 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

I love the soft rain drops on the green leaf, tangobaby. And the reflection shot came out great. I appreciate the girl walking into the street...it draws your eye into the photo! Exceptional! <3

Bee February 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

That green dewy "heart" was really refreshing. And even though I didn't know which building you were referring to, I was charmed by the composition of the picture in reflection.

Yoli February 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Oh you are twisting my arm, I NEED to go to SF! Stunning. You say more with photographs than most people say with a ton of words.

Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Beautiful photos Ms Tango. I especially like the one of the round street mirror thingy :-)

Char February 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

I adore the fence and I want to live in the green condo building. and..I wanna photowalk with you.

christina February 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Is that your sweet reflection in that mirror. : ) Hi cutie!

I feel as though I can touch the water, on the leaves.

rosedale's 4head February 26, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Is that first one the Coit Tower? Just posted pics of my little sis's wedding there. Beautiful place. This photo makes me sleepy, happily so...

Beautiful archives....

Gabby February 26, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

I love the self-portrait through the fishlens mirror! And you have to take me to see the parrots! You do. You have to. You absolutely have to.

~DokterKenny February 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

You know some time you need to get down to New Orleans and photograph the French Quarter. Besides the unbelievable food. Based on your motifs I am thinking you would so diggit. I will post my pictures from the FQ and the Vampire TOur this weekend

Unknown February 26, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

excuse my absence. i have missed you. thanks for the foggy sf pics. most comforting. especially love the mirror shot. very film noir.

you rock.