julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How to wake up looking like a rock star

It is a proven fact that, after attending a music show, if you have a semi-curly perm and you fall into bed with all of your makeup on and get about 4 hours of sleep, you will wake up looking like Stevie Nicks.

The probability of your getting a pimple on your cheek is also quite high.

The good news is that I didn't need to recreate my smoky eye look for today. I woke up with it.

***

Last night with The Hounds.

Just a tad because 1. it's either very early or 2. it's very late.

Thrice.

Boots and whiskey.

Renee.

Slingerland.

The Lady of the Lights. At the controls.

Before the show.

***

I wish I could get paid to blog because then I could lie around at home and tell you all about it. I also wish I could get paid to sleep. I'm pooped.

xoxo

16 comments:

Red Shoes March 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Thank you thank you thank you for the magical photography action you did! What a great night--and better because you were there!

Char March 18, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

looks like a fantastic time!!!! I think you rocked it like a rock star woman

Yoli March 18, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

You looked WONDERFUL!!! Girl I need to go to SF so you can make me look like a rock star! Wish I was there! Wonderful photos!

Just Jules March 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

I have to say that it was a struggle to get my makeup off last night too. However the likelihood of pimples was promised - so I crawled in and did it.

I love the shots - I too wish you could get paid to blog - the world would be happier

paris parfait March 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Oh such fun! Great pics! That's not you in the photo, is it? xoxox

Cartooncharacter March 18, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Awesome shots, Tangobabe! But where's the one of you looking like Stevie Nicks? ;)

Red Shoes March 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Paris Parfait, it's me...all the lipstick in the world can't make me as glam as the fab TB!

Brook March 18, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Stevie Nicks-not a bad look per say.

julochka March 18, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

we're gonna need a shot of the stevie nicks look.

me, i'd wake up looking like courtney love...

tangobaby March 18, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

julochka, unfortunately not only was the Stevie Nicks photo never taken, if it HAD been, it would have never seen the light of day.

Nor should the Courtney Love photo of you if and when the time comes...

Gabby March 18, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Wish you could do something about my look, but I'm settling on acceptance.

Plus, I like Stevie Nicks. You could have woken up looking like Alice Cooper--now that's a problem.

Mari March 18, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I wish you could lie around and blog blog blog too, 'cause these pics are so fun and we want more more more! We're greedy.

christina March 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Why haven't I told Red shoes that I am blog crushing on her?! This should be known! From the first pics you shared of her to now. Damn, damn how I wish I were cool!

A kiss for you Red Shoes!

CrochetBlogger March 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Love those boots - great shot!

Relyn Lawson March 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Boots and Whiskey is an incredible image. Such fun. I bet you do the Stevie Nicks looks far better than most of us would. But... Can you sing Landslide?

rosedale's 4head March 22, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

these are incredible. i'm digging the hec out of the whiskey and boots one, my fav though is the late/early looking like a rock star! these were fun to look at...so much action