julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, August 28, 2008

And Not a Moment Too Soon

We saw a display of these books tonight on our evening walk after dinner. We had to laugh as we flipped through the pages. This book was too perfect and too funny and too depressing all at the same time.

The best satire usually stems from the worst predicaments... let's hope we never need to read a bedtime story like this to our nation's children again, even in jest... like the stories we've been force fed over the past eight years.

Goodnight Bush. Good riddance.




You can read the text of his historic speech here.

Photo happily taken by me, around the corner from my house, at the house informally known as the "Obama House."

7 comments:

Anonymous August 29, 2008 at 12:25 AM  

The past 8 yrs have been an absolute nightmare... I will be glad to see the back of Bush, just as I was glad to see the back of Blair in this country too.

Tess Kincaid August 29, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Cute book! I've not seen it!!

christina August 29, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

I love it! I haven't seen the book but love the title! : )

Mary-Laure August 29, 2008 at 6:36 AM  

Can't wait for November...

Anonymous August 29, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

it was an incredible speech. i can't wait for november either. i have a good feeling.

tangobaby August 29, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

Hi Carol,

I always feel even more apologetic to my friends who are not Americans. Hopefully you understand that there are millions of people here who never wanted this presidency, not at all.

As for Blair, I felt like he was a good guy, a smart guy, but he got hammered by us bullying him somehow.

Hi willow,

It's a cute book and perhaps not for kids but it's a straight takeoff on Goodnight Moon. Except that Dick Cheney is the old woman who says Hush.

Hi christina,

You might want to pick up a copy. They had stacks of it in the store I was in.

Hi mary-laure,

Me, too. But now the mud will really start flying.

Hi Sarah,

I'm writing this to you now that your governor is on the McCain ticket...she seems like an interesting, hard working lady, but I don't know...

I enjoyed all of the speeches. Somehow I felt very included in them.

paris parfait August 29, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Everytime I see the photo of the "Obama house," I have to smile. I so admire that homeowner's audacity and conviction. If I were in your neighbourhood, I'd probably knock on his door and find out all about him. :) xoxox