julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Tuesday Thank You

My friend Abbey at indulge*laugh*create presented me with this lovely Arte y Pico award recently.

I have to say that it's such a pleasure to know Abbey. We met at the Shutter Sisters photo walk last month, and we hit it off immediately. I'm looking forward to having her come up for another visit to San Francisco, where we plan to spend the day exploring the city and taking lots of photos (we soon realized that our photo walk was not nearly long enough, and she is just as curious a cat as I am!).

In keeping with my normal procrastination mode, I did not pick up my little award right away...not because I wasn't pleased as punch, but because it's so hard to pick just five blogs to award it to (last time I cheated and picked seven).

So thank you, merci millefois, sweet Abbey, and here are my blog crushes of late, to whom this Arte y Pico is lovingly bestowed:

The beautiful photography and loving wisdom of robin bird at bird tweets.
The eclectic musings and life of julochka at Moments of Perfect Clarity.
The heartful writing and inspired images of Christina at Soul Aperture.
The sass, class and imagery I can't live without: P at what possessed me.
My muse of daydreams and talented artisan, Lala at My castle in Spain.
The impassioned writing and world perspective of Tara at Paris Parfait.
The soul-searching poetry and fresh Alaskan air from Sarah at and the ott says...

See, I did it again. I just can't do five.

ps. For my recipients, you know what to do...link to me, pick your recipients, la de da, la de da. xoxo

12 comments:

P August 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

I am so honored! A million thanks yous for making my day.

xox,
P.

P August 26, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

Thanks yous.

I was an English major. Scary.

christina August 26, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Wow... me? I am floored! Since I have never won a blog treat, I really don't know what to do. I link back to you and...

Anyways, since I don't know what to do yet, I will say thank you and try and hold back my crocodile tears, tears cause you thought of me.

PS: Do I get to take the award with me to my blog or do I wait for it to be inscribed like oscar recipients? Oh, this just makes my life sweeter.

: )

Tess Kincaid August 26, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Kudos! Your blog is wonderful and very deserving of this award!! :D

paris parfait August 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

I needed that today. And to be in such fine company - well that makes the nod even more special. Thank you, merci, gracias! Will respond w/ my own meme soon. xoxox

tangobaby August 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Hi p,

I'm only half an English major so you're still admirable in my eyes. I knew what you meant.

And I still split infinitives, use serial commas, and start sentences with And. So there you are.

No worries.

Hi christina!

Yes, YOU! Silly girl. How many other fabulous Christinas do I know? Let me check...

Nope, you're the ONLY fabulous Christina I know. So it must be YOU!

You do just get to take the award (right click the image and save it) because I don't know how to have it engraved!

Hi willow,

Thank you kindly!

Hi paris parfait,

Of course, my sweetie. I'm glad to have sent some virtual cheer today. I'm sorry the cookies didn't work out.

xoxo

julochka August 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

thank you, dahling. this was the one bright spot in an otherwise totally wasted day!! perhaps this little ray of sunshine will help tomorrow be better.

xoxox,
/j

Anonymous August 26, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

i won something i won something! i'm so excited, thank you tangobaby! a wonderful treat for my day off. ; )

tangobaby August 26, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

dear julochka,

I'm happy to provide a bright spot that even a beautiful red refrigerator could not...hope you fare better tomorrow.

(if not, let me know and I will give you another award.)

hi Sarah,

You are a prize and I'm glad you had such a happy and well-deserved day off!

Leaning Shanty Farm August 26, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

I love to honor wonderful women and friends!! You are oh so talented and I am so so so happy that we met, as well.

And I am SOOO looking forward to hanging out in the big city with you.

Watch Out SF!! Two crazy photo ladies are comin' out!

My Castle in Spain August 27, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

Oh...you're so sweet ! and yes...you're making my day (am still swamped in my translation but am seeing the end now)

MERCI MILLE FOIS !!!

bisous
Lala

tangobaby August 27, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Hi Abbey,

Yes, you know I'm waiting for you to come up. LOL...two crazy ladies indeed. Us and our tote of batteries for the cameras!

Hi Lala,

Glad I could help with the good cheer and I hope you are all done with that pesky project!

xoxo