julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, August 8, 2008

A Question for All You Moms Out There

Honestly, how long do you have to have a fever before you call the cops? Raise the alarum? Punch someone?

It's 2am (well, you could have figured that out for yourself, I guess) and my fever came back again and woke me up. That is so. freaking. rude.

WTF?!!

So not happy about this at all. But I have decided this is a swear-free zone on tangobaby today so I'll leave the cussing out.

It's a good thing I haven't read The Stand in a long time or I'd be totally paranoid right now.

I'm in such a bad mood. Just ignore me.

***

ps. The only thing that is making me smile right now is reading this post on mackin ink. Karey m., kiss those girls for me.

pss. Oh, there is another thing that made me smile and that was remembering when my dad took his temperature with the thermometer that my mom used to stick in our cat's derrière when she got sick. But that's my dad. He just does things like that.

***

UPDATE, 2:54am: This is actually a very good time of the day for catching up on your blog reading. And eating Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk, which I find to be a fantastic fever reducer, and even if it's not, I feel cooler.

But we are almost out of this ice cream medicine. Must send The Boy out to restock when he wakes up. I think I will mix it up this time and have him throw in a pint of Cherry Garcia.

Finally, a photo I did not take: february 4. [fever in the morning, fever all through the night.]
Originally uploaded by misscaro

13 comments:

Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 3:21 AM  

poor julie :( tuck you in and sleep tight.

paris parfait August 8, 2008 at 4:38 AM  

You silly girl - if the fever lasts more than three days, go to the doctor! :) xoxox

christina August 8, 2008 at 4:49 AM  

It's a funny thing, I'm up at 5am over here but I'm not sick. I'm wide awake and I shouldn't be. You should have called or text me : ) I could have made you laugh about the nonsense that was going on.

Okay as for the med advice- take yourself to the Dr. and on the way home get more ice cream : )

I wish I were closer. : (

Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

i hope you feel better Julie. you should really get it checked out, make sure theres no infection.
hearts, hugs, kisses

Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

oh honey. i just finished with the same sort of thing.
keep the tylenol going, place a cool cloth on your forehead or on the back of your neck, keep the fluids and soothing ice cream going. i agree, if your not breaking that fever in a few days, go to the doctor.
wishing you well
xo
jen gray

Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

Feel better my friend, and drink lots of gatorade - and go to the doctor - I hope the worst is over!

P August 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

Oh no! You poor thing! You did an excellent job with the meme - did it not take FOREVER to do all the html tagging?!

Liz August 8, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

3 days, 4 days tops and then you need to take yourself to the doctor... and what jen says: cool cloths and the Ben & Jerry's always helps immensely... hope you feel oh so better soon soon soon

xoL

tangobaby August 8, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

Hi Mommies,

Thank you for your sage advice and concern, the tuckings-in and the hugs! I promise that if I still have a fever tomorrow, I will go to the doctor.

I am out of ice cream, though, which means I'll have to leave the house anyway.

ps. Hello dear Jen Gray! I am so glad to see you here...I did try to comment on your blog a couple of times, but I kept getting an error message...you might want to check that out...or maybe it's just me.

pss. Dear p, I did do my meme at 2am, and it was a good thing I started that early with no real plans to go to work BECAUSE IT TOOK FOREVER, with or without a fever. But I still like you and I'm glad you chose me for this task.

Relyn Lawson August 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Absolutely cracking up. Your Dad's gonna kill you when he reads this post. Seriously, though, if the fever gets too high you know to go to the doctor, right? Plus, Paris Parfait is exactly right - after three days you must go. Other than that, Ben and Jerry's is scientifically proven to be a cure for raging bad moods brought on by fevers. So, you've got yourself covered. You might eat some fudge brownie for me.

julochka August 9, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

hope your fever is gone.

i loved "the stand" and read it about 10x during college. but i know what you mean about it making you worry about having a fever.

god bedring, as we say in danish!

Vanessa August 9, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

Get well soon, T-Baby! And Cherry Garcia has healing properties, I attest to this!

tangobaby August 9, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Hi Relyn,

One of the things you don't know yet is that I have a TON of stories like this about my dad...and the funny thing is that he likes when we talk about him. Even if it's crazy embarrassing.

I guess over time I should start introducing some stories about him so you might have more of a glimpse into my childhood.

Hi julochka,

Wow, you are a hardcore Stephen King fan! The Stand is such a gigantic book, although I admit it's a fun and fast read.

What else were you doing in college besides reading Stephen King books?!! ;-)

The book that actually scared the sh*t out me is The Coming Plague, by Laurie Garrett, and unfortunately, it is a non-fiction book, thicker than The Stand and 100x as scary. Makes you realize what a very fine line it is between a germ that can make you crabby for a few days and one that can kill you. And how important the biological sciences are and must be supported to keep us safe.

Wow. A biology tangent. That's a new one for me. Okay, I'm going back to myself again.

Hi Vanessa,

I am clear out of ice cream (I never did make it out of the house yesterday) but I think the worst is over. Do you think if I smoothed some Cherry Garcia on my poor red peeling nose it might soothe the skin? You know how your nose gets when you blow it all the time.

Ha ha. I just typed blog it all the time. Like when you blog your nose.