julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

Thank Heavens... for You!

Wanna see something really cool? No kidding.

The Boy has a very very very special treasured hat.


It belonged to this guy.

I thought it would be the best possible hat from which to pick the winners of the first tangobaby photo contest! (Wouldn't you agree?)

The Boy was extremely gracious to take this wonderful piece of cinema history out of retirement for the tangobaby cause.

I was going to pick three names, so we could have three winners (just like in the Olympics). The Boy sang Thank Heaven for Little Girls while he picked the names out of his special hat.


While singing in his perfect baritone (he does have a lovely voice), these were the lucky names he picked:

Liz
Jessica
Robin

And then he was having so much fun being my comely assistant that he thought he should pick just one more name, and so he chose:

Caroline

Thank you to all who participated! I was so surprised by the number of responses I received (I wanted all of you to win, truly) and I really appreciate your enthusiasm and support!
I'll keep you posted on the Etsy store grand opening, so you can see what the most popular photos were.

ps. Jessica and Caroline: if you have blogs and would like me to link your blogs to your names in this post, please let me know in the comments. ;-)

In the meantime, enjoy a little Maurice on a Monday morning. Au revoir! Et merci!


9 comments:

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

Awww, very lucky winners and what a special hat! Wow! How wonderful for the Boy to own that treasure. (And he had a rather small head, didn't he?) xoxox

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

oh i love the hat, glad the boy could get involved. you should record his voice and play it for the blog effect. lol. glad you had fun this weekend. looking forward to weekend pics

Liz August 18, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

oooo I never win anything! (i clap my hands like a 5 yr old) but seriously, I never do... I am so thrilled, what a Monday present! xoxoL

tangobaby August 18, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Hi Paris Parfait,

I agree...I felt special just holding the hat. We have one of his steamer trunks too, but I would have had to have gotten a lot more contest entries to fill a trunk.

ps. I agree with you about the hat size! It is rather small, but I live with a big-headed boy so it looked even smaller to me. ;-)

Hi sarah,

The Boy has finally gotten okay with the fact that I write about him occasionally, so I think recording his voice will be a very far-off option.

However, you should know that it was his voice that first made me swoon, and he loves to sing Elvis Presley songs and does them quite well. He also likes to say Elvis's standard: "Thank you, thank you very much."

Hi Liz,

Well, honey, then go out and buy a lottery ticket tonight! Your luck is a-changin'!

xoxo

Relyn Lawson August 18, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

Of course you would find such a fabulous, classy way to do something originally so mundane as pick a number. Wonderful post. Terrific hat. Lucky boy.

tangobaby August 18, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

Hi Relyn,

The Boy is quite a fun fella. He's full of surprises.

I'm just sad he didn't pick you!

xoxo

christina August 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

He can sing too? Nice!!! The hat is classic! Is that your night stand?? I love it!

tangobaby August 20, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Hi Christina,

Oh yes, he can sing. The ladies LOVE his voice. And he can play the trumpet too. And the harmonica.

He is a very musical boy.

Yes, that is my nightstand, with my Eiffel Tower lamp (I'm sure some of you recognize it from Target) and my giant stack of books that are in various degrees of being read.

studio wellspring August 20, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

ah so much good luck in one post {and i had no idea your boy had such fabulous treasures hidden amongst his paintings & quilts}. but all the worse for me because i never got around to the delightful contest. i hope you'll forgive me. i'm sure you're well aware, but my life is at the peak of topsy-turvy right now & i'm in a big struggle for holding on amidst all the groundlessness. this too shall pass.....