julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, September 26, 2008

So Much for My Friday Night

Wow.

And here I was all set to go to a debate-watching party after work, ready to skewer this guy with my elitist San Francisco wit and smartypants-ness and eat hot dogs with other like-minded souls who have not yet succumbed to the fantasy that this election is already over.

So, I ask you...in what space-time dimension am I living these days?

I thought the debate was tonight.

Apparently I missed it.

Did John McCain fix the economy and win the debate while I was sleeping? My god, he's fast! I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and we'll already be invading Iraq AND Russia under President Palin.

***

If the Federal Government had its shit together, they would just start spiking our water supply with lithium. It would just make things so much easier for all of us.

9 comments:

Elizabeth September 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

You crack me up. Have a fabulous weekend anyway!!

P September 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Such a great post. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? GAHHHHH! I CAN'T STAND IT! (Do I keep saying that? I think I do.)

tangobaby September 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Hi elizabeth,

When I was a little kid, on my report card in school, my teachers used to write that I was a "self starter" meaning that I could always find stuff to do and keep myself busy.

Now I look at myself as a "self-cracker-upper." I'm glad it works for you, too!

Have a fun weekend yourself!

Hi p,

Yeah, you do say GAHHHHH! a lot now. But I say ACK! a lot and I've been swearing like a sailor lately, so I understand where you're coming from.

Don't worry about it.

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Dear God they're faster than the title='Chinese publish tales from space, even before take-off'>Chinese media!

Nancy Ewart September 26, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

Maybe they think that if they announce "he wins! he wins!" loudly enough, nobody will notice the lies and lack of substance. I'm say a lot of gaaaaa and four letter words these days myself. I'm on a couple of discussion lists and was amazed when people started blaming Carter and Clinton for our current mess. Crazy but I guess it had to happen. Heaven forbid that anybody point the finger of blame at the neo-coms or any of their flock look in the mirror or at their leadership with some intelligence. Gaaaaa is right.

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

oh you are sharp! so full of with and fast comebacks. sara palin would turn to mush if she were debating you chicky :)

is is sara or sarah? i hope to god i never have to know!

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

a cracker upper??!! i love that you think you're funny and entertain yourself as well as us!
XOX

b September 28, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/27/tina-fey-as-sarah-palin-k_n_129956.html

Anonymous September 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM  

haha, yah for lithium water lol. sweet bliss