julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, September 1, 2008

The Book! It's Here!

Welcome to Chinatown, through my lens.

I'm so proud to have completed my first book of a series, full of photos of the city I love: San Francisco.

Although the book is available now through blurb, you can preorder the book through me at a special discount, and I would be happy to sign a copy (or two or three or more!) for you, in my very best penmanship.

*Special preorder price here is $36.00 (a savings of $2.95)
*Standard landscape format, 10x8 inches, 60 pages, softcover
*Color and black and white plates
*Tax and shipping dependent on order

Please email me at tangobaby2@gmail.com for more information or to preorder. The deadline for preordering Chinatown is September 20.

UPDATE 9/1: Thanks to those of you who have been so enthusiastic and generous with your praise in comments and emails! I'm just delighted! xoxo

9 comments:

christina September 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

; ) This book is just gorgeous, my friend!

tangobaby September 1, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Thank you, my sweet! I am very excited about the whole thing (as I'm sure you can tell).

xoxo

My Castle in Spain September 2, 2008 at 3:24 AM  

Félicitations ! Am sending you an email right now...
:-)

Tess Kincaid September 2, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

I actually dreamed last night that I made one of these books and when they sent it to me, it was one of those plastic puffy baby books...teehee!!

Yours turned out wonderful! Kudos!!

tangobaby September 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Thank you, Lala. I enjoyed your email very much and will be so happy to know that some part of me (even if it is just a book) is living in Granada!

I'll email you back with details soon!

xoxo

Hi willow!

I don't know if blurb makes puffy plastic books, but I guess a book is roaming around in your subconscious so you should probably put one together! Maybe a recipe book?

;-)

Elizabeth Brinton September 3, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

This is pretty exciting! Please reserve me a copy TB.

Anonymous September 3, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

i have been sitting here for the past half hour reading this most amazing variety of posts you have written in the past 10 days. you have such a sharp mind and observant wit. you can cover politics, puppies, art, danish, fashionable shoes, botany, television, publishing, friendship and wicked irony all in 10 or so posts! that is amazing to me! you are a prolific and excellent writer.

now that blurb book is awesome..and i will be so happy to be able to say "I knew her when" once you you become a the much sought after san franciscan photographer. well done! i must go and preview it!!

Tess Kincaid September 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

I have tons of vintage family photos that would make a fabulous book. I just need to get motivated and put one together! You're inspiring me!

tangobaby September 4, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Hi Elizabeth,

I would love to reserve a copy for you (and to share with sweet Alan). I will send you an email when the books arrive.

Hi robin-bird!

Welcome back from your trip. You flatter me so...now I have to go back and read what I wrote...it's all so stream of consciousness and so easily forgotten.

Let me know how you like the little flash preview. I think it's pretty slick.

Hi willow,

Your project sounds not only fascinating but something that I'm sure would be treasured by all of your family. I think you should definitely download the software and get cracking...it's fun to play with and before you know it, you'll have a very cool book on your hands to share.