julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, January 5, 2009

Connection Overload


Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together.” ~ Anais Nin

***

It appears that whenever I have something to say, Anais has already said it a thousand times better than I could.

This weekend was full of tiny surprises and subtle happenings. And connections. My goodness. Except I couldn't start to put them all down here because the power was out last night, for hours and hours. It was so cold and dark, so nothing got done. Even sleep, although eventually I dozed off.

All I could do was to think about the little gems I wanted to relive here, but also how very very cold you can be, even when layered with sweatshirts but there is no heat, and what was happening to all of my food in the freezer.

The power came back on after 1am, and I just downloaded the photos I was so anxious to see. I think now I can't tell a story unless I've taken a photo of something related to my thoughts, so in order to make it all real and before I can type the words, I have to process what was in my camera.

Here is a peek.

Happy Monday. I have to get dressed for work now.

xoxo

14 comments:

paris parfait January 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Fab photo - can't wait to see the rest! xoxox

Gabby January 5, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Poor dear! I love the cold, hate the summer heat, but totally dislike being cold. I love that picture. Lived there, too. A proper response comes from Rumi:

I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.

I've been knocking from the inside!

Char January 5, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

the thing I've learned in the south (land of tornadoes and hurricanes) that if you keep the freezer door closed, the food is ok for a day.

I can't wait to hear the stories.

and I love Anais Nin.

Cynthia Pittmann January 5, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

It's hard to not have power when your reved-up...it's like being tired and not being able to sleep. Sorry you had a double trouble.

Cynthia Pittmann January 5, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

revved! argh (kill the typo!)

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Oooh the cold. It's horrible. Glad to hear that the power is now back on though. Interesting photo, you've tickled my curiousity.

vsm/whirling dirvish photography January 5, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Burr... glad you did get the power back on before your tootsies froze off!!!
Looking forward to the story related to the photo...

Eternal Lizdom January 5, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

Those kind of happenings always make me pause to appreciate my blessings... glad I don't live where the temps are frequently below zero, glad I have a solid shelter and extra layers to put, appreciative that I even have a freezer of food to be concerned with... I often find that a power outage is a great lesson for me.

julochka January 5, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

i'm starting to feel that way about my pictures as well...in fact, i made myself do a post today without a picture because it's starting to worry me a bit. :-)

nicole January 5, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Thank you for your mystic perspective, tangobaby. What is your favourite charity? 25$ on the way.

jfrancis January 5, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Inspiration
most often
is an image
in the mind
or on paper.

Unknown January 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

I love that image, can't wait to see the rest. Wishing you some warmth and a hot cup of tea!
xoxo
Judith~

Tess Kincaid January 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Sorry about the power outage. Love the photo!

Mtnhighmama January 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

You know what I can't figure out? I can't figure out how such an amazing woman, with such an amazing way with words, could love Henry Miller?