julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Only Dick Cheney Post I'll Ever Write

It's drizzly and grey and foggy this morning... perfect weather considering that Noir City #7 started last night at the Castro Theatre. (Bill and Iasa, it's really making me sad that you're not here for this film festival.)


I'm just lounging in my La-Z-Boy, wishing so much that Richard Widmark's greatest villain, Tommy Udo from Kiss of Death, had been the one pushing Dick Cheney's wheelchair to the Inauguration.

(Just pretend that Cheney is the old lady in the wheelchair and enjoy.)



And now to ponder breakfast and what Noir Festivities I'll be enjoying today (there is also Roller Derby at Kezar Stadium tonight). I feel a bagel is in my future, which has nothing to do with anything.

Enjoy your day. Watch Kiss of Death.

***

ps.: I lied. I would write more posts about Dick Cheney if the Hague saw fit to put him on trial for war crimes. Is there some sort of write-in campaign we can start? Does anyone know anyone that works at the Hague who could get that ball rolling?

11 comments:

paris parfait January 24, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

He should probably stay in the US, lest he risk being served with a lawsuit (i.e. Rumsfeld when in Paris). And funny you should mention this, as I was saying to D that they should push the wheelchair and knock him out of it (yes I have a mean streak). :) xoxox

J9 January 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

I see that we are all on the same wavelength today!

I took my Cannon for a walk today in the drizzle!

Cynthia Pittmann January 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Don't worry, tangobaby, soon, you'll be saying, "That rat! Where is he? Where did he go?"

shabby girl January 24, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

My brother tried out for the roller derby back in the day when it was on tv every saturday morning!
Great memory!

La Pianista January 24, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Ooh, I agree with Paris parfait. *rubs hands together maliciously*

And, Tb, sorry for neglecting Blogger for so long! :)

larkspur January 24, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

No, not the Hague. Let's just take him quail hunting!!!

will January 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

We almost said yes to traveling to the Castro Theatre ... it would have been worth it to see Kiss of Death.

In lieu of that we watched From Here To Eternity.. no Tommy Udo but still a good flick.

I await your blog on the NC #7 experience.

Char January 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

sounds like a fun, action packed day!

julochka January 25, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

that is so hilarious.

when i saw him in the wheelchair, it occurred to me that he's probably been dead for 3 years and it was his lenin-esque corpse being wheeled out of the bunker under the whitehouse for the last time.

but i'm with you on the war crimes tribunal. if they can try a heavily enbalmed corpse...

Unknown January 26, 2009 at 4:51 AM  

LOL!

I've read lots of comments regarding Mr. -ehem- FORMER vice prez, but this is my favorite.

By far.

Sarah February 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Fitting!

I will leave it at that. :)

Sarah