julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, January 16, 2009

Misdirection by Cuteness

Green Play-Doh ice cream, anyone?

All good magicians know that misdirecting the attention of their audience is a key part of performing effects.

I'm a really bad magician but I do know the value of a little well-placed misdirection...

***

Yes, I'm shamelessly using photos of the tiny, cute people in my family to distract you so that you won't notice that I haven't answered your emails or visited your blogs or finished those darned interview questions in the last couple of days...

It's late (so what else is new?) and I'm trying to finish some prints for my mom and grandma because I'm going to be spending a few days with them back at the homestead. And of course I'm running out of the only ink cartridge I did not buy today.


I might end up sleeping at my desk.

I hope this will distract you long enough until I get back.

I probably won't have much internet access while I'm away but I'll try to catch up with you in a couple of days. Otherwise you can try writing to Little Curly Girl and see if that helps.

xoxo

18 comments:

paris parfait January 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

She is TOO adorable! Wonderful glimpses of the precocious munchkin. Hope you have a good visit with your family. And hey, it's your staycation - you're not supposed to feel obligated about blogs, email, etc.! Just have fun. xoxox

Sue January 16, 2009 at 1:59 AM  

Hey! I've been really bad about checking up on everyone's blogs lately (I'm trying to be better), so just getting around to popping in since before Christmas... sorry.

These kids are too damned cute for words!

Oh and have a safe trip, enjoy the break!

Sue

nicole January 16, 2009 at 2:34 AM  

Thanks Tangobaby for the questions and these great photos...the 5th one down drives me wild with its cuteness!! Little baby legged wobblyness...Enjoy the rest of your stay-va...You'll be missed!

Sallycat January 16, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

Dearest TB,

Your photos are absolutely beautiful. I think I missed the post where you explained originally about the interviews... so I confess I'm a bit lost! But you sound like you're enjoying yourself connecting, being creative, meeting all kinds of new people... keep having fun with it all TB, I'm loving watching you fly!

Abrazos from BsAs, SC

A Cuban In London January 16, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

Never mind, dear, I loved your 'misdirections' :-)!

Greetings from London.

Queenie Francie January 16, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

how cute! i want to bite those chubby little ballerina legs!

beautiful photos of beautiful children. thank you.

Dutchbaby January 16, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

Her Cuteness is cute beyond words! And the Baby! Already a little person. Consider me misdirected :)

Gabby January 16, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Wow. That umbrella effect is freaking amazing. Wow. Did I say "wow"?

Eternal Lizdom January 16, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

There is almost nothing better than little girls in ballet class.

Char January 16, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

LCG is so adorable. Makes me happy that soon I will be with my LBGs (little blonde girls).

enjoy

Mari January 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Oooh, curly girl and baby are so sweet! Nothing sweeter...

d smith kaich jones January 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Totally adorable post, which, by the way, it should be illegal to be this adorable, but OMG - that 5th picture down - the wobbly tippy-toes. OMG!!!

I am so smiling finally on this running later than usual morning!

Muchas Gracias, ma'am!
:) Debi

Yoli January 16, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

These pictures make me so happy.

Relyn Lawson January 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

She is as gorgeous as ever. Enjoy your visit with your family.

Super Mom January 16, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Your nieces are very adorable. Little curly girl is always the cutest. And your pictures are great...love it!

Hope you have a fun vacation!

Anonymous January 17, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

What wonderfully cute photos. I'm doing a blog catch up too this morning.

Cynthia Pittmann January 17, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

I just love the shots, particulary the one through the umbrella, that softly curved face enhanced by mauve lavender beauty...your camera celebrates romance with relished...! Distraction? a success!

Private January 17, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Very cute pictures. Made me smile on this cold dark day.
Thank you!

http://racheteapaintersdiary.blogspot.com/