julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

My First Snowman (and Interviews!)

Look! It snowed!

Nah, I'm playing with you. It snowed where Starlene lives. She took this photo for me.

AND she made me my very first snowman! I don't have a lot of basis for comparison (none really), but I'm going to go out on a limb and say this might be one of the cuter snowmen ever made.

I especially like his little jaunty hat, and if you look carefully, you'll see that he's packed a suitcase for his trip to San Francisco. We are going to run off together, me and Snowy.

***

Before I really do run off for today (lunch in North Beach with namastenancy, who is my art guru, and then the Harold and Maude anniversary screening and interview with Bud Cort at the Castro Theatre), I did want to give you some new interviews to read.

The nanny you wish you had at Brainy and Beautiful (and yes, she is)
A straight-talking guy who can do almost anything with a Blackberry, Adam at I don't give 2 cents, I throw quarters.

I'm so glad these great interviews are filling up the blank spaces while the clock is running down on the Staycation. Catch youse all later.

11 comments:

Kath January 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I'm so happy you are having fun. We're going to post our interview tomorrow ....

Susana January 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Interesting interviews, thanks!

Mari January 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

That is the sweetest little snowman I've ever seen! I never thought to make one in miniature. Hmmm... and we could keep him in the freezer until summer...

Just Jules January 22, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

That has to be the littlest snowman ever! I was trying to take an ice crystal pic like that yesterday and finally gave up - dang auto focus cameras, glad I can enjoy someone else's shot instead. Enjoy your last few days girl!

Dutchbaby January 22, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

His thimble hat is very cute!

Laura Doyle January 22, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

I wish I could've given him some arms and a little smile but I was afraid he'd crumble! He fell apart several times before he was finally ready to go. : ) Glad you like him. It gave me an excuse and a reason to get out in and play in the snow. (I usually shy away from the chiller temps.)

And you are just an interviewing machine! It seems all your questions are specifically designed to bring out the real heart and soul of the interviewees. Very impressive Miss Tango. (I really liked B&B's.)

Alexandra January 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Thank you for the interview and your sweet compliments :-)

Char January 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

I'm loving the interviews!!! and those shots are adorable. keep on enjoying the staycation!

affinity January 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Those little mini hats are all the rage right now...
http://www.thisnext.com/media/blogit/F38FEB9A.jpg

Claire January 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

That is definitely the most charming little snowman I've ever seen. And I so wish I could have seen Bud Cort as well!

christina January 23, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Eh naw listen, I live in Wisconsin and I know a cute snowman, when I see one. That my friend, is the cutest snow man I have seen in quite some time! ; )

Exquisite work!