julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Full-Blown Eighties Mode Tonight

Boy, you listen to a couple of Hall and Oates songs and then all of a sudden you're in full-blown Eighties mode.

I guess I might end up watching After Hours tonight. I think this is one of the films that warped my sense of humor as a youngster.

Full-on awesome Teri Garr:



I think Catherine O'Hara was my favorite though:



And then I'll relive some first boyfriend kisses. Looking back, Berlin isn't really good makeout music but it worked at the time.



Now all I need are some shoulder pads and some stirrup leggings and I'm all set. But first I have to empty the dryer.

7 comments:

A Cuban In London October 28, 2008 at 4:15 AM  

Oh, dear me, 'After Hours' is my favourite Scorsese movie ever! Don't get me wrong, I do like 'Taxi Driver' and 'Raging Bull', but this lesser-known little jewel is a top film.

(Note to self: dust off the copy that you recorded from the telly all those years and give it another go tonight)

Thanks, yes, the 80s, yes, they still rock. Hall and Oates. LOL!

Greetings from London.

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

And hair, you need to do your hair.
xo

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Hi a cuban in london,

I'm always so thrilled when someone else likes this film, much less have heard of it. It's my favorite Scorsese, too. Well, this and Goodfellas.

BTW, there's an EXCELLENT documentary series called A Personal Journey Through American Movies with Martin Scorsese and it's very, very much worth watching. I've seen it several times and I highly recommend it to any cinema enthusiast.

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Hi Kath,

Unfortunately, the hair is the only thing that won't work (wrong cut and length). But maybe if I rat it out and get a can of AquaNet... or just some big plastic earrings...oy. What a look!

Yoli October 28, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Where is Madonna in all of this?! Like A Virgin! The story of my 80's!

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

you're a riot tangobaby!

tangobaby October 29, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Hi Yoli,

I think you have to do your own 80s post. I wasn't into Madonna. I was into Blondie.

;-)

Hi sarah,

I'm glad you think so as I was thinking this was one of my lesser posts! xoxo