julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Private Eyes

Someone special just sent this to me.

I couldn't help thinking of that classic Hall & Oates song, Private Eyes. (Come on, let's have an Eighties moment together.)

I see you, you see me
Watch you blowin' the lines when you're making a scene
Oh girl, you've got to know
What my head overlooks
The senses will show to my heart
When it's watching for lies
You can't escape my
Private eyes
They're watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
They're watching you
Private eyes
They're watching you watching you watching you watching you

***

I couldn't help picturing Putin and Palin all hot 'n heavy, rolling around in a stealthy, fur-covered embrace on each other's tundras. Maybe they do spy on each other! Some sort of tragic romance diverted by the politics of their countries! Hearts kept separated by the Alaskan National Guard!

Oh, it's so Romeo and Juliet! Does Todd know?

LMAO today as I go to City Hall to VOTE!

***

UPDATE: How could I not include the video?

Listen to this while you close your eyes and imagine an illicit love affair between Caribou Barbie and President Putin. It totally works.


7 comments:

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Isn't that photo and caption hilarious! I remember Hall and Oates; I was a fan, but not particularly of that song. Can't wait to hear about your voting experience. Hopefully, it will be trouble-free. xoxox

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Private Eyes (CLAP)
they're watching you (CLAP CLAP!)
they see your eeeeveryyyy move
private eyes (CLAP)
they're watching you (CLAP CLAP!)
Private eeeeeeyyyyess
they're watching you watching you ooo oooooo

That felt good to sing :-)

julochka October 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

oh, please! i LIKED putin. erase. erase. ERASE!!!

:-) happy voting!
/j

Yoli October 27, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Girl I voted today!!!! Loved your fantasy here. Where have you been? I miss you on my blog. I am going to put you on blogs I follow. Your birthday should be soon, Scorpio Lady.

Are you on facebook?

tangobaby October 27, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

Hi paris parfait,

I just cracked myself up today with the lyrics and that photo ("Watch you blowin' the lines when you're making a scene") and thinking that I've uncovered a secret love affair.

That's what all of Sarah's animocity is when she talks about Putin rearing his head and all. It's a forbidden love! ha ha ha

And you already know how *not* trouble-free the voting was!!!

Hi tina,

I think I like that song more now! But it was fun to sing, wasn't it?

Hi julochka,

I swear you made me laugh out loud when I read this on my iPhone.

Putin looks like my ex-father in law, except taller. So I don't see him the same way you do. I'm sorry to have spoiled your fantasy! Erase, erase!

I was just seeing them all dressed up in Doctor Zhivago type outfits and killing seals.

Hi yoli!

Woo hoo! Congratulations! You must feel great!

I almost did NOT get to vote today and that's an exciting story for my next post!

I promise to come and visit you soon!

;-)

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

hahahahaha...my husbands in the Alaska National Guard...so THATS what they're REALLY doing when they go to the drop zone..ah-ha! lol lol

tangobaby October 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Hi yoli,

I'm sorry I missed the last part of your question. No, I'm not on facebook. It's blocked at work, and at home, I just don't have the time for one more thing.

But thanks for asking! And yes, my birthday is quickly approaching!

Hi sarah,

Promise you'll ask your husband for us! I really do make all this stuff up (really, it's all in my head) but wouldn't it be fantastic if it was really true and then you and I became famous for uncovering the REAL story? That would be fantastic!

Ask him! ;-)