julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Let's Watch It Again


The Great Schlep from The Great Schlep on Vimeo.

I know a lot of you have seen The Great Schlep already, which is why I didn't post it before. But in thinking about it, I realized that this video is worth being exposed to often. We still have weeks until the election (yeah, I know...you're as tired of all of this politics stuff as I am, but don't forget, we're in this messed-up little boat together, right?

I kinda fell of the Sarah Silverman band wagon a while ago, but this little piece put me right back in groupieville. I don't have any old Jewish bubbies in Florida but...hey, maybe a few of you are watching. Who knows?

6 comments:

Yoli October 2, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

Please, I am in Embarrassing Florida. Hopefully there won't be any more slips ups. Tell Sarah I am voting for Obama.

P October 2, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Oh man. This little gem is causing quite a debate on my blog.

julochka October 2, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

totally laughed my ass off. thank you for adding some levity to this otherwise serious situation. :-)

tangobaby October 2, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Hi yoli,

Help us make sure Florida isn't the joke this year...you can do it!

xoxo

Hi p,

Yeah, I know. That's why I had to post the video, too. Fauxhawk is my hero now.

Hi julochka,

I'm so glad you laughed. We need all the help we can get.

A Cuban In London October 2, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

I am leaving a comment for a different reason. I just posted an article on my blog last night on 'somewhat' vs 'kind of (kinda)' and 'sort of (sorta)' and now I come to your blog and read your post and if you come to mine I don't know whether you'll laugh at my article or think me a pompous arrogant linguistic puritan (which I'm not). It throws up all kinds of possibilities, but that's synchronical cyber-world for you.

Anyway, I enjoyed your post thoroughly and I love Sarah Silverman from when she was 'doing' Matt Dillon (was it Matt, though?). I think it was.

Greetings from London.

tangobaby October 2, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

Hi a cuban in london,

I am already laughing and I haven't even read your post yet. I feel like I am going to be in trouble.

I would like to say that any possible poor form is based on 8 years of Bush but that would be a bold-faced lie.

I promise to try harder to not slack off gramatically and maybe even stop swearing in my posts.

I first fell in love with Sarah Silverman when I saw her in The Aristocrats but was too embarrassed to tell anyone.