julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Word on the Street

Random wisdom I saw on my treks all over town today.

Love (in unexpected places. I adored seeing this little plant growing out of the wall.)

Now is all you have.

This one might be a little harder to read.
It says "Hope will never be silent ~ Harvey Milk. VOTE"

***

Word on the street is that 100,000 people in Denver came out to see and hear Barack Obama today. It's almost over, folks.

I don't know about you, but this picture makes my eyes tear up gladly and my heart smile.

From the end of his speech: "Our destiny is not written for us ... it is written BY us ... not as Democrat or Republican but as AMERICANS."

6 comments:

paris parfait October 27, 2008 at 3:25 AM  

I love the random messages you noticed. And the Obama rally was inspiring. Can't wait until the election is over! I was up until 4 a.m. writing about it, before I could sleep. xoxox

Tess Kincaid October 27, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

I love "now is all you have"!

Yoli October 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

I voted for our man today. It was the first time voting as an American Citizen. I was thrilled.

tangobaby October 27, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Hi paris parfait,

There are little messages all over San Francisco! I feel compelled to find them all. But these were pretty amazing finds all in a single day.

Your post was great today. I'm sorry you didn't sleep but what you wrote was wonderful.

Hi willow,

Me too. Good reminder, huh?

Hi Yoli,

Congratulations! To vote and to vote in such an important election, too. Thank you for making your voice heard!

Nancy Ewart October 29, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

What's even more amazing is that in back of the fancy building in the rear of the photo is a museum on the spot where black people were sold as slaves. We haven't come far enough but we have come far.

tangobaby October 30, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Wow, namasatenancy, I did not know that. That certainly puts things into perspective.