julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Some People Believe in Nostradamus

I think John McCain should have listened to Hall and Oates before Bill Kristol or Dick Cheney or Karl Rove. Now I'm on a kick since my Palin-Putin forbidden love fantasy from this morning.

She's a Maneater! Watch out, boy!



She'll only come out at night
The lean and hungry type
Nothing is new, I've seen her here before
Watching and waiting
She's sitting with you but her eyes are on the door
So many have paid to see
What you think you're getting for free
The woman is wild, a she-cat tamed by the purr of a Jaguar
Money's the matter
If you're in it for love you ain't gonna get too far

Oh here she comes
Watch out boy she'll chew you up
Oh here she comes
She's a maneater
Oh here she comes
Watch out boy she'll chew you up
Oh here she comes
She's a maneater

I wouldn't if I were you
I know what she can do
She's deadly man, and she could really rip your world apart
Mind over matter
The beauty is there but a beast is in the heart

Oh here she comes
Watch out boy she'll chew you up
Oh here she comes
She's a maneater

***

Part of this is because I don't feel like finishing my laundry and the other part is that I just keep cracking myself up. I'm so Eighties today!

5 comments:

paris parfait October 28, 2008 at 4:04 AM  

You are so silly sometimes. But funny. :) xo

tangobaby October 28, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Hi paris parfait,

I might be silly (well, yes I AM) but you can't not read those lyrics and NOT see prophecy in them!

What about the lyrics "She's deadly man, and she could really rip your world apart"? or the "She's sitting with you but her eyes are on the door"?!!

It's totally predicting her 2012 run and how she's going "rogue" (according to HuffPo) on McCain now.

I ask you, as silly as I might be, how did Hall and Oates know? They are true prophets. Forget Revelations!

ps. That outfit did not come from Neiman Marcus. I bet it came from Forever 21 (and Photoshop).

christina October 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

I am such a child of the 80's. Uhem.. UB-40?? I was in love with the shoulder pads. Sad! : )

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

haha, you and me both tangobaby. looks like i put off my laundry all the way into the next day because i completely forgot about the load in the washer. lame!

tangobaby October 29, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

Hi christina,

Yep, Red Red Wine! LOL!

What was wrong with us? Why did we wear such horrible clothing? I can't even discuss my hair then.

Hi sarah,

I've been very bad about the laundry. I left some in the washer and it got a little stinky. I probably shouldn't tell you things like this but I know you understand. Then I had to wash everything again.

I hate doing the laundry! I hope I wasn't distracting you from doing yours!